Sunday 1 March 2015

March: the beginning of the end...

The month of March has arrived, meaning I have only a few weeks left to have my band piece ready for submission to the Terra Nova Band Competition.
I feel as though I'm in a good position right now, but there is still a lot to be done before the end of the month. My piece unfolded to loosely follow Sonata form and I have finished writing the exposition and development sections and am now working to finish the recap. I currently have 4 minutes of material that has been roughly orchestrated (some parts still need revisiting), and I think that upon the completion of the recap I will have at least 5 minutes, which is the desired minimum length to meet the competition's standards. I plan to have this done by the time my lesson on Thursday arrives so that Dr. Ross can give me suggestions on how the details of the orchestration and flow of the piece can be improved. I hope that by doing this I will have a completed work with more detail by the following week, leaving two weeks for part editing and refining.


No comments:

Post a Comment